Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Harry, oh Harry

Each spouse should have a list.
You know a list of who you can still date when each of you are married to each other.
A Freebie if you will.

Bobster & I have such a list.

Mine includes such people as Vin Diesel, Chad Kroger & Kid Rock.

Bobster's is apparently on one of the wipee boards that you had as a kid. You know you write on it with the invisible ink pen, then when you want to erase you just lift the plastic from the bottom & it's all gone. Yea, his is on one of those.

Whatever, I don't really care.
Wanna know why?
Because Harry is on my list.

The Harry.
The one & only!
Harry Connick Jr.

So, imagine my surprise when Harry showed up at my house.
Well not really Harry himself but his likeness in the form of his new cd!
Your Songs.

Ah, croon to me Har.
This is what Harry thought was appropriate to sing to me (just me, it's my fantasy let me go with it!)

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

All covers, all done wonderfully.
I didn't care for all of them.
Say Close to You.
Didn't like the song the first time around, still don't like it now.
Same w/ Just the Way you are. I am not a Billy Joel fan. Sorry.


As for Mona Lisa, All the Way, Some Enchanted Evening, well those have me weak in the knees. Harry can sing like no ones business.

I love listening to this cd in my mini van as I drive around. Cheekers doesn't really complain about Harry so I think deep down inside he prefers him over Elmo. Just sayin.

I got to see Harry play back in the day (like 5 yrs ago) in Philly at a small jazz restaurant. I will never forget it. My friend, Megan & I went. He played his score from a musical. Fantabulous! Not to mention I was about 20 feet him....I think some of his sweat dripped on me. Ah, good times.

As for this album, it's a definite for the collection. Easy listening, jazzy, poppy, you name it, that's what you will get. From standards to Top 10 hits Harry is covering them all. And his voice is like a shake going down a sore throat....smoooooooooooooth! So if I were you, I would get this album for your collection.

If you would like to put Harry on your list, just letting you know that I am on his list, right under Jill Goodacre. Sure she's a former VS model & I am just a chubby work out of the home housewife/mommy but I got it going on! Ha!

Seriously, if you have this cd, let me know what you think of it, I am curious.

Late!

*I received this cd from On2One Network....it is valued at under $40 and I received no compesation for my review*

1 comments:

Lara Neves

He's totally on my list, too. And I met him in real life once. Swoon.

I don't have this CD yet. Just haven't had the extra fundage to justify it. :) I'm sure it's wonderful, though!