Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Did you know May is National Foster Care Month?


Adoption and foster care is close to my heart.  Not because I am adopted (I'm not) or I was in foster care (I wasn't), neither was anyone in my family BUT
Because children of all ages need good homes.
Older children, as we all know, have a tougher time being adopted.  Foster families are needed for children of all ages, sizes, colors and needs as are adoptive families.

The total number of children waiting for a safe, permanent family have from more than half a million to 463,000 in 5 yrs!  That's incredible!!!

Please welcome my guest blogger: Adopt Us Kids

Did you know it would take less than 1% of the U.S. population to provide a family for every child in foster care?

May is National Foster Care Month and there has never been a greater need to bring attention to children waiting for forever homes. More than 463,000 children are currently in foster care and 123,000 children are waiting to be adopted.
Children in foster care are loving children. They are children like Shaquane and Edlina and Albert. Every child deserves to have a home with caring and supportive parents.
Help us spread the message this month to reach all Americans and teach them about the love and joy that foster care adoption can bring to your life.


Visit www.adoptuskids.org to learn more about fostering and adopting. You can also join our online communities on Facebook and Twitter.


So, do you want to get involved?
Any way you can?
Visit: http://adoptuskids.org/content.aspx?q=National-Foster-Care-Month to see how you can make a difference in a child's life!!!  I know I will.
 
*This post is a part of a campaign w/ GlobalInfluence*

0 comments: