Pages

Monday, October 08, 2012

The Joys of Discovery....

See these three smiling faces:

I love them.
I do.
Recently, I love them even more because I have discovered the joys of child labor.

They ALL live here now.
The middle one officially moved in the second week of September.

My diabolical plan was hatched about 2 days later.

I figured out...children need chores.
Solid chores.

So, the oldest one takes out the garbage and recycling, pretty much every day since my kitchen is the size of a thimble.

The middle one does the dishes.

The youngest one helps sets/clears the table.

These are chores that are non negotiable.

I have discovered that I feel less stressed knowing someone is going to the dishes after I cook.  I don't even put a time limit on when they have to be done by...as long as it is by the time I wake up the next morning.  It's working well.

The garbage, eh, it's going ok.  Tim works a ton of hours so sometimes we have the trickle down effect & the middle & youngest must do it.

Don't get me wrong.
I still take it out sometimes & I usually do the pots/pans for the middle one.
We don't have a dishwasher, so it's wash & dry for us.

I've been enjoying nightly battles of Scrabble with Bobster on my Nook & having this one "nightly" chore to not do has actually decreased my stress level.  Ya!

Tell me, what chores do your kids do?  How do you get them to do them?

0 comments: