Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Confession

What do I have to confess this week?
I know you are all waiting with bated breath.
I can tell.  I'm good like that.

This weeks confession involves my children.  Mostly the youngest, the 8yo, the one I affectionately call "Cheeks".

My confession is...I give in!
I give in to nagging.

I would say it's 80% giving in, 20% me saying No! & sticking to it.

The reason: he just doesn't give up.  It is constant, even if I punish him by sending him to his room.  All you hear is whine, cry, whine, MOM!, cry, whine, cry.  Usually what he is asking for isn't outrageous.  Extra time on video games, stay up a bit longer, burn the house down.  That kind of stuff.

Tell me moms, I can not be the only one who can not take the constant plea of a young child.

Of course, he is not the only one.  Bobster nags as well.  The only one who doesn't nag is the 15yo.  He is even trying to teach his younger brother that if you just leave Mommy alone, life will be easier.  If only my husband understood that.

Sigh.

Am I the only one peeps?


2 comments:

Nancy

For me I do this when I am too tired to listen to it anymore. So, I hear ya.

Unknown

Some days I have to give in to nagging or else I'll lose my mind. You can only hear "can I have a cookie" so many times! Hang in there mama, you're doing great!