Pages

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Weight Watchers: Baked Macaroni & Cheese w/ Broccoli - 8 PP

I made this eons ago.
I'm talking months peeps.
Just now getting to uploading & posting.
Talk about procrastination.

Behold the product:


Let's get to the details:

Ingredients:

2 sprays of cooking spray
12 oz uncooked pasta (approx 2.5 cups)
1/8 tsp salt for the pasta water
10oz uncooked broccoli (about 2. cups)
1 tsp butter
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
3 tbs parm cheese (divided)
2.5 cups FF skim milk
1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
1/2 cup uncooked diced onion
1 cu low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 pepper


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Coat 2 quart baking dish w/ spray.

Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli approx 3 minutes before done.  Drain pasta & broccoli & return to the pot.

Meanwhile in a large saucepan, melt butter over med. heat, add bread crumbs & cook, stirring often until light golden.  You may skip this step if you are using store bought crumbs vs. fresh.  Remove from heat & add 1 tbs parm cheese; set aside.

In same saucepan (wipe clean if necessary) whisk together milk & flour until blended; add onions. Bring to a boil over med-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low & simmer until thickened, approx 2 mins.

Remove from heat & whisk in cheddar cheese, mustard, s&p & remaining 2 tbs of parm cheese. Pour over cooked past & broccoli. Toss to mix & coat.

Transfer to baking dish & sprinkle top evenly w/ bread crumbs.  

Bake until edges are bubble, about 20-25 mins.

Divide into 8 pieces & Viola! Done!

1 piece per serving.  8pp a serving.

My family's reaction: They liked it.  My reaction: It was good but to me, too much work when I can just add some broccoli to boxed mac & cheese. Yes call me lazy but it's my blog & my opinion.

Tell me, have you made it before?



0 comments: