Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Hey Good Lookin, Whatcha Got Cookin?

Just call me Julia Childs!
She was a handsome woman, no?

Anyway I have been on a roll lately with cooking.
I'm not an overly big fan of cooking...I admit.
I'd much rather bake.
Perhaps that is why my tushie is so big.

Ahem, I digress.

Anyway, Saturday, I took 3 large chicken breasts, threw those bad boys in the crockpot with some Tastefully Simple Honey Apple Grilling Sauce.  Cooked for 6 hours, shredded and served them with Hawaiian King Honey Wheat Rolls for "Sliders for Dinners!"  It was a hit.

Sunday I decided to cook Bobster's fav.
Baked Ziti.

Easy Peasy to do.  I even left it in the oven a bit longer to allow the top to brown.
Everyone raved about it.

Last night, I browned some pork chops in butter w/ s&p.  They were so flavorful.  I really enjoyed them.

Tonight, the piece de resistance...I made po'boy cheeseteaks.
I bought some chipped steak at Walmart this past weekend.  I have found that Walmart knocks the price down on meat that is a day away from the sell by date.  Well slap my tush & call me Judy because I love finding this.

So I got the "on sale" chipped steak.
Now, the Grandpop, he likes to buy stuff on sale & drop it off to us, the less fortunate.
You know the family that eats store brand mayo & not Hellmans.

The Grandpop prays for my family that I will find the error of my ways & start to buy the good stuff.

Anyway, he got us a ton and I mean of ton of Thomas' English Muffins.
So I took them, browned them in butter in a pan, topped the chip steak that was frying in butter with some cheese, tossed it on the english muffin & viola! Po' Boy Cheesesteaks.

Bobster loved it.

I feel like a gourmet.

And I also am using stuff from my pantry.  Score!

So tell me what have you been cooking up lately?

0 comments: