Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Heed My Warning: Have a Spare

I have done some really "bright" things in my day.
I won't go into detail but just know that I was a strawberry blonde as a child.

So this morning, I caught a ride with a coworker. 
We have one mini van so Bobster & I must share.
Yea, good times.

Today was his day.

He was going in later than me so I kissed him goodbye & off I went.

About 10:30 my phone at work rang.
Oh! Look...it's my honey.

Well he really wasn't that sweet.

The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Hi Lovedoodle, the light of my life, the cream in my twinkie, my dream man

Bobster:  Where are the car keys?

Me:  I don't know you had them last.  Remember you drove home while Cheeks & I walked home from Trick or Treating yesterday (we are in NJ so Trick or Treating was rescheduled due to Sandy)

Bobster : No, Meg, remember you took them when you went to the van to get your purse.

Me:  Wait. A. Minute!

I spun my chair around, grabbed my purse & lo & behold...our car keys were in there.
Our only set of car keys.

We do not have spare set.

So I immediately started to apologize.
I was hung up on.
The nerve.

Seems someone had to call out of work because he had no way of getting there & no one could run him 30 mins up to my job to get the keys.

Folks, heed my warning...always have a spare or two.
I will...after this weekend when I get a spare made.

Sigh.


0 comments: