Pages

Monday, September 08, 2014

When is it...

 
Seriously...when do you share to much on social media?

It's in our face. 24/7.  I love to share.  Pics of the family, quirky sayings, jokes, links.  The list is endless.

When does the filter in your brain kick in?

I recently read a blog post by someone who I follow.  She is pregnant with her second child.  I couldn't be happier for her.  Recently she suffered an almost miscarriage.  I understand her pain.  I had a miscarriage shortly after Cheeks was born...my children would have been Irish twins.
I digress.

I don't mind her sharing her story and struggle.  I didn't mind some of the photos.  Girlfriend actually posted a photo of the bloody pad she used.  This is where I thought, um, hello...filter?  She said it was real life and she did give a warning in the beginning of her post.  I kept reading though because I am a big girl.

It just kept popping in my head that maybe that particular item should have remained private.  All women at one point in their life will see a bloody pad & so will most med.  People in the medical field see it frequently.

Perhaps I am wrong.  I am sure it helped her get over the hurdle of an almost miscarriage.  It helped her emotionally.  She is in her 2nd trimester now, so things are going good.  It is just I thought...really?

What are your thoughts?
Do you think we share to much on the internet?




0 comments: