Pages

Saturday, March 01, 2014

K is for Kid, K is for Karate, K is for Kids Karate

Yes, we have a karate master in the house.
At least according to him.
Him being Cheeks.

Signed him up for karate.
I gave him a choice.
Flag football or karate.
He chose karate.

I didn't think he was going to make it.
First class was Thursday night and he sat against the wall & didn't participate.
See he was wearing the "uniform" and all the other kids were wearing blue shirts.

Then his friend, Stanley, showed up.
Did I see a glimmer of hope that his 'tude would change around?
It didn't.
At least not at first.

When he got home, his big brother called from Florida to tell him that he did karate when he was Cheeks age and that he has to stick with it.
After some coaching from his brother & dad, he decided to give it another try.

I had another child on my hands today.
He participated.
He has a great time.
He learned moves.
He wore a blue shirt.

He earned his white belt:

Take a bow kid, you deserve it.

Most of all, I heard him yell "Yes sir, No sir" and actually listen to the instructor.

Keep your fingers crossed.
With this and his behavioral help that he gets once a week, maybe his 'tude will change.

In the meantime, meet the new generation of Karate Kids!

I can't stand the cuteness!

What do you kids participate in?
Give me ideas.


0 comments: