Pages

Friday, September 03, 2010

Cowboy & Wills

Recently my book club read Cowboy & Wills by Monica Holloway.
The book, based on a true story, follows the many animals Monica brings into her life to help her son, Wills, cope w/ autism.
Of course, the animal Wills most takes to is Cowboy, who is a little on the unhealthy side.
Cowboy & Wills are the best of friends & it's very much a love story between the little boy and the pup.

His relationship reminded me of my relationship with my cat, Beige.
Original name, no?
ANYWHO
I had that cat for what seemed like forever.
I think I got her when I was 6 or something.
She was half Siamese, half Manx.
Meaning she didn't have a tail.
She got sick & passed away.
I remember my mom telling me.

I was at my Grandparents & she called.
I cried so hard.
I loved that cat.
She was the best non attack, little thief one could have.
She loved Cheese Doodles & Yogurt.

She purred a lot.
We have had other cats since Beige.
Like one cat, who earned the nickname Pusshead. Don't ask. It was gross.

We had Cozette, Lucy, Murray.
Lucy out lasted all of them.
Sadly Murray was put to rest.
What's more pathetic is that he was put to rest & my sister & I never noticed.
Our parents had to tell us.
I really don't think we were attached to him.

Wills definitely is attached to Cowboy & vice versa.
Cowboy helps Wills is ways that are unimaginable.

This is definitely a book you do not put down.
I think I read it like 2 days.

It should be on your "to read" list.
You will not be disappointed.
Just keep the tissues handy.
Trust me.

Tell me what have you read lately?

0 comments: