Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh! Eeew!

So Bobster, the love of my life, decided he wants me to bake cookies so he can take them to his job & give them to the girls in the office & the guys in the shop.



I love to bake so I said, K.
Tonight I decided to make Spritz cookies.
Called for 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract.
Oh, great, I have that in my cabinet, never opened it.
This should have been the first clue as to how long ago I bought it.



So I grab it, open the box, take the bottle out & notice it has icky stuff around the cap & that it's almost empty.
Odd. I had never opened it.
Then I see it's like 36% alcohol. Ok. Evaporation.
There looked like enough for what I needed but something told me to show Bobster.



Good thing I did.
He was like "Um, Meg, how old is this?"
Me: "I dunno. I bought it awhile ago"
Him: "Well you can't use it or at least I don't recommend it"
Me: "Really? Why?"
Him: "There's plantkin growing in"
So I grab the bottle & look & say "What?"
Him: "Look towards the light, see it, it has tentacle growing out it"
Sure enough...looked like a jelly fish had taken up residence in my Almond Extract.



So I had to call my mom & she suggested that I just add 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Good thinking.
I put the cap back on the Almond Extract & threw it out. Especially since Bobster told me it could jump out of the bottle.
Eeeew!
I am not sure if it could or not but I wasn't going to find out.



So my little advice to you, go through your store like once a year & get rid of it if you don't know how long you've had it.



Anyone for a Spritz cookie?



Woops out!

7 comments:

Quawana

OK that is just a big fat ewww!!!!
I hate finding stuff in my food like that. I bought some cornmeal at the store and brought it home stuck it in the pantry and all of a sudden I had moths everywhere. They have been harder then heck to get rid of.

Lesley

hahahahah....that is NASTY.....I'm so glad he looked inside...can you imagine...

BunnyKissd

OMG! Being the freaky geek I am, I'd be trying to identify the fungi... Hehehe...

suzannah | the smitten word

this story is HORRIFYING!

Lisa & Gerald

Thanks for gossing me out! lol

Anonymous

I swear some of the stuff in my cabinet came from my mom's baking cabinet - unfortunately she died 20 years ago. Who know this stuff went bad!!

Carey

As gross as that is...it totally made my day.

Now I'm off to clean my spice cabinet lol