Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Confessions of A Counterfeit Farm Girl Review

Need a good book to read?
One that will have you laughing out loud?
One that will keep you interested from page 1 to the last page?
A book that is witty, insightful & makes you want to move to the boondocks with your significant other & make it work?

Well then, this book is for you:

Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl by Susan McCorkindale.

People, it doesn't get much better than this. I read this book recently and have to say, it is my new favorite book. I can read this over and over again and never tire of Susan's wit!

She's a mom of 2 boys & the wife of one man on a mission. Susan used to be a marketing director for Family Circle magazine, as well as other mags when she left it all behind and moved her family to live on a farm. Hello?! A New York City worker/North Jersey livin woman now lives in the sticks. This is her memoir.

This book is her story. A story of fun and adventure and being compared to Carmella Soprano by her new "country" friends. A story of her husband teaching Susan the ways of farm living, including trying to get her to wear overalls. I won't even put overalls on my 2 yr old. Mainly because they are pain when it comes to changing him but I digress!

Since this is a memoir, Susan writes in the first person. By doing so makes it seems like you are having a personal one on one conversation with the author and not reading. Susan describes her surroundings and experience with such vibrance that as a reader I could picture everything crystal clear!

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon Susan's blog....Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl. I quickly signed up to get her updates by email and of course, I bookmarked it. So if you would like something fabu to read, check out her book (which you can purchase directly from her blog!) and if you want to be entertained on a pretty regular basis, check out her blog. You will not be disappointed!

Woops out!

0 comments: