Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

My Take: Pinterest Crockpot Italian Chicken

Like every other good Pinterest pinner, I hoarded a ton of "wanna make dinners" on my Food Board.

Yesterday I decided to actually do something with that board & I chose to make Crockpot Italian Chicken. 

Here is what I was going to be making:
Looks yummy enough right?

I thought so.

Four total ingredients.

2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8oz. package of cream cheese
1 envelope of dry Italian Dressing Mix
+
Chicken

Now please note: I used low fat soup & low fat cream cheese.

All you do is mix the first three ingredients together in your crockpot ala:
I used the camera on my phone because I am just that lazy to not go get my good camera, so that is the reason for the craptastic photos.

Stir that together.
Add chicken ala:
Cover with soup mixture.
I used frozen chicken breast so I cooked on high for 4 hours.
If you use thawed/fresh chicken cook on low for 4 hours.

This is the final result:
Spoon chicken & sauce over pasta.

Can I say I really liked this?!?!?!
I thought it tasted very fettucini-esque.

Bobster...well he took one bit & decided to have Wendy's for dinner.
Cheeks I didn't even bother to give him any, just gave him pasta.

The older boys, well Tim "heard" about the chicken & Chris had eaten at his mom's.

So my family basically boycotted the meal.
Altho my mom said it smelled delish & she wants to try it.
You can always count on the Nana for support.

I give this first Pinterest food challenge 2 thumbs up!
It would have received a golf clap as well but Bobster didn't like.

So tell me, have you made anything from Pinterest?
How did it turn out?

0 comments: