Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

An Amish Second Christmas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Ruth Reid, & Tricia Goyer



An Amish Second Christmas is a book of novellas by four different authors.
Let me start out by saying what a refreshing change this book was from most of the books I have read lately.
Not that the other books were trashy, by no means! These stories are just as sweet, wholesome and tasteful as can be.

I was fortunate enough to win this book in a contest held on a blog.
Don't ask me which one, I have forgotten.  Side effects from being mid-forties.

At first I didn't think I would enjoy the four short stories but I quickly learned I was wrong.

All about the Amish's celebration of the day after Christmas, Second Christmas.  Such sweet stories of tradition with a whole love story told.  I was surprised to see all authors make reference to the young couples spending time alone and sharing a kiss.  It made me think of the Duggars.  Their daughters have to side hug and save kisses til the wedding day.  I tthought, there is wholesome and there is WHOLESOME!  I like the Duggars, so no flaming please.

While all the stories are predictable, they are full of the scenery that you imagine (and if you have ever been to an Amish country, it is even more vivid), family and God.  None of which is thrown down your throat.

Each story in unique and makes you want more.  Makes you want to know how they go one and live their lives.

Definitely a good snuggle under the blanket with a cup of cocoa in one hand & this book in another.
It's a must read.

Tell me, what are you reading currently?



0 comments: