Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crockpot Pumpkin Bread Experiment

Fall is just about here.
Days away really.
It's my fav, fav, fav season!

Along with my fav season, it is time to bake.
While the weather has been quite autumnal lately, the one day I really wanted to bake was about 90 with 90% humidty...gotta love Jersey!

So I thought, hmm, I've had this recipe for awhile I should give it a go.

Break out the crockpot kids....it's time for Crockpot Pumpkin Bread. (click for recipe).

Let's begin:

Gather thy ingredients:
Mix ingredients together.
Refer to recipe because it's wet ingredients, dry ingredients, then combine....yada yada yada.
 

 Pour into greased loaf pan & place in crockpot with approx 1/2 of water around loaf pan.
Viola:

 After 3 hours you get pumpkin bread:


My verdict:

Not bad but honestly, I'd rather just make it in the oven.  Less mess & less time.
This recipe was very good for a hot day because the crockpot doesn't heat my kitchen up at all.

Bobster liked it.
PopPop Bob liked it too.  Even the Nana.

Would I make it again?
Yes, but in the over.

It was very, very moist.

So, tell me, what is your go to crockpot recipe?
I love my crockpot & am always looking for new things to cook in it!

Leave me your recipe & I just might feature it!!  Total creds to you.

0 comments: