Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

It's National Slow Cooker Month ~ I'm very EXCITED!

I make no bones about my love of my slow cooker.
Well I like to call it my crockpot.

Just yesterday I made a pork loin in it.
Yum! Yum! Yum! Deliciousio! (I have watched too much Dora the Explorer).

I made pork because the Nana says it's good luck to eat Pork & Sauerkraut on New Years.
Well I rather lick dirt than have sauerkraut cross my lips, as would Bob, so we skipped that part.

What I did was poke a bunch of holes in the loin in a fork.
Then I sprinkled salt, pepper & onion powder all over the sucker.  I then threw about 3 cloves of minced garlic in the pot with it.

Turned it on low.

About 4 hours before it was to be ready I took some already cut up red potatoes and threw them in there.


WoW!  The potatoes were my fav part of the meal.

So being National Slow Cooker I invite you to share a recipe in the comments and I will feature it, right here on my little ole blog.  Now there's excitement for you.

Go.
Share.
Enter the contest below to win a new slow cooker...I did.



0 comments: