Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pinterest Slow Cooker Challenge...Accepted!

Definitely love me some Pinterest.

Definitely love me some CrockPot cooking.

Put them together & what do you get?

A Pinterest Slow Cooker Challenge courtesy of Six Sister's Stuff blog.

I saw there post called Nacho Grande Soup and thought *Bam!* I am makin that!

 
So last week I broke out the CrockPot, the ingredients & got started.

First gather your ingredients to fry up in the pan:

(1lb ground beef, 1 med. onion diced & 1 clover garlic minced)
 
 While that is sizzling away, gather your ingredients that you are going to combine with the meat mixture in the slow cooker.
 

(1 can of Cheddar Cheese Soup, 1 can of Rotel Orignal w/ Peppers, 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese & 1 1/2 cups of milk)
 
(Taco Seasoning...I made my own but you can use a packet)
 
Once the beef mixture is cooked through, drain & put in crockpot.
 
Add the taco season, soup, tomatoes & peppers, milk & cheese.
 
Stir together...like this:
 

 
Cook on low for 3-4 hours. 
Stir before serving...top with tortilla chips & sour cream if prefered.

Viola!

 
The verdict:  Bobster really liked it.  So did Chris.  Cheeks wouldn't eat it based on the looks but let's face it, he's 6.  I thought it was ok.  A little spicy for me.
 
 
So how did I do on the challenge?
 
I passed per the family.
 
Will I make it again?
 
Probably for something different.
 
Tell me what is your fav thing to make in the slow cooker.
 
***********************************************************************************
 
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 med onion - diced
1 clove garlic - minced
1 pkge taco seasoning
1 10.75 oz can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 10oz can of diced tomatoes & green chilis
1 1/2 cups of mlk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese.
 
Directions:
In skillet cook beef, onion, & garlic over med heat til thoroughly cooked; drain.
 
Place meat in crockpot.
 
Add taco seasoning, soup, tomatoes, milk & cheese.  Stir together.
Cook low for 3-4 hours.
 
Stir before serving.
 
Top with tortilla chips & sour cream (extra cheese too).


0 comments: