Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Doing Dishes: Men vs. Women


Bobster did the dishes the other night.
Usually this falls to the 15yo boy, who thinks as long as they are done by the next morning, everything is a-okay.
Oh, so not true.

The real story is how “doing the dishes” is done by the men in my family and by me, the sole female.

Bob had the dishes done in less than 10 minutes.  It takes  me approximately 20 mins to half an hour.

Bob put the one piece of chicken on a plate, uncovered, stuck it tin he fridge.  He put the mac & cheese leftovers, God knows where & he just put the green beans in the bowl they were in back in the fridge, uncovered.
He then washed the dishes and stacked them sky high to dry.
Walked out of the kitchen and called it a night.

Here is how I would have done it.

I would have wrapped the chicken in a piece of foil, put it in the fridge.  I would have placed all the leftovers in plastic containers.  So they are cover and will not dry out.

Then I would have cleaned the sink out from the dirty dishes, so I had room to wash them.
Commence washing dishes, stop when drainer is full, dry dishes and put away.  Commence doing rest of dishes, dry, put away.  Repeat til all dishes are done.

Then I put away the pots/pans that I keep in my oven.  Small kitchen, lack of storage.

Then I would wipe the counters down, dry them, wipe the stove down, dry it, wipe out the sink.

I would put away the salt & pepper shakers plus the butter.  Then I would wash the apples off and put them in the refrigerator.  I would also sweep the floor.

Then, if I decided to not bake something, I would be done.

Now I am just wondering, if, in your household, you have the male’s way vs. the female’s way.



1 comments:

Lisa Gradess Weinstein

My hubs does them the dishes so horribly that I simply don't let him do it anymore!