Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Battle

If you've been a reader of my blog you probably assume that by the title of this blog post, I must be going to tell you a tale of a battle between Bobster & myself, one of the kids & me or just between the kids.

Wrong.

This tale is one of my soon to be 6 yo's infatuation with battling.

Sigh.

He will turn anything into an imaginary fight.

Last week we were working a craft at the table.
Just Cheeks and moi.
The kit came with the sponges that pop up when submerged in water.
Well he just thought that was the best thing since sliced bread.

Towards the end of our craft making session he decided to ditch it & play "Battle".

He took one butterfly sponge & one egg shaped sponge.
Made all kind of noises with his mouth while slamming the sponges together, having them twirl in the air & land on the table, as if injured & fell to "earth".

I. Don't. Get. It.

I have a decent imagination but I guess being a woman makes me see the sponges as something to decorate a dollhouse with or use to paint a wall or finish the craft.

He loves to have his "guys", not "dolls" as I have mistakenly called them, but "guys" battle relentlessly.  I hear him at night when he takes his 3 million guys to bed.  They battle for about 15 mins before slumber takes over.

Being that he is my only little boy I have had since day one, I guess it's a boy thing.  I don't remember the older boys doing this but they were 11 & 6 when I met there dad.

Tell me, what do your little boys like play?

0 comments: