Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Little Bird Flew The Nest

It's official.
The first bird has left the nest.

I am not overly happy about it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of him for doing it on his own, being such a hard worker, great saver and very headstrong.

He's only 19.
20 next month.
Still a baby really.
Yes I know you can serve your country at 18, vote, etc.

That's his apartment...in Florida.
Were you expecting me to say he moved like 20 minutes away?

Nope, when he decided to move he chose 1000 miles away.

He transferred within the company he works for.
His dad and brother went down with him...drove down.

His girlfriend and her family are already there.
Ah, didn't know he had a little honey in the Florida area, did ya?

That was a big part of the move BUT he wanted to see if he could do it.
He's doing it.

It's been over a week.
I talked to him briefly the other day...well texted, God forbid he pick up the phone.
Wait...I texted him first.
I must practice my Jewish guilt on him..."You can't call your stepmom every now & then?"
I guess it would be more LDS guilt.

I've drifted off topic.
The point is he's gone.
On his own.

Don't tell anyone...I miss the little bugger.

0 comments: