Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Book #2: The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay

 
 
I have finished book #2 of 2014.  Well, honestly, I've finished book #3 but am only up to writing about #2.
 
The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay.
The same author who wrote Sarah's Key...which I loved.
 
The story is an ongoing letter to the main character's long deceased husband.  The story takes  place during the "modernization" of Paris. 
 
Keeping my interest from page one, the story has it's ups and downs, funny parts and sad parts.  The author definitely creates a neighborhood among pages.  Rose, the main character, gets you to fall in love with her and the misfit cast of neighbors that she encounters over her years in the house.  Feeling pain for the people who are losing their homes is just one emotion in this rollercoaster ride.
 
 
While I found the book to keep my interest and the build up exciting, the ending was just as momentous but yet lacked something.  It was like a curtain was pulled on the screen and that was that.
 
I want you to make your own opinion tho.
Would I recommend the book?
You bet your sweet bippy I would.
 
Check it out & let me know if you like it.
 
Even better tell me what you are reading now.
I am always looking for good books.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: