Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Almost 6 years, our story

That's us.
Stunning aren't we?
I think that is the only recent pic of us together & it was taken in 2008.
Gonna have to work on getting a new one.


I thought I'd tell the story of us.
How we met.


Once upon a time a lovely red headed girl was going through a surprise separation from her first husband (i.e. never saw it coming that he wanted out..oh well, c'est la vie).


It was the end of the summer & she was out to dinner with her best friend from high school.  Some how it came up that she was indeed going to be single & that did her best friend know anyone b/c she was getting over being depressed.

Lo & behold, she did.
She knew someone.
That someone was Bobster.

The friend arranged a picnic at her house so the red headed girl could meet Bobster.

That was at 3pm on a Sunday, Aug 28th.  At 12am they said goodnight after leaving the picnic & going to a local diner to get to know each other.

Bobster was divorced, with 2 children, who just figured he'd meet a nice girl.
Little did he know the girl he was going to meet would have a hickey on her neck (not my proudest moment, I prefer not to discuss but wanted to be honest).  Bobster overlooked it and they went again that Thursday.

They continued to see each other.  Bobster ended up movin into the red headed girls apartment.
On Dec 21st, her divorce was final.
On Dec 24, she took a test that she passed with a big ole + sign.

The rest is history.  He gave her a total of 3 children (which after having an 11 pound chid, she is glad she didn't have to carry the other 2).  She gave him more hair loss, weight gain & indigestion.  What can I say, I am a giver.

So there you have it folks.
Our story.
I love him.
He loves me.
A fairy tale come true.

Tell me, how did you meet your other half?

0 comments: