Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

What I'm Reading Now: Here, Home, Hope by Karia Rouda

Let me tell you about this book...love it!
It is such a fun read.


Here's a little background about it:
Kelly Mills Johnson becomes restless in her thirty-ninth year. An appetite for more forces her to take stock of her ordinary middle-American existence and her neighbors’ seemingly perfect lives. Her marriage to a successful attorney has settled into a comfortable routine, and being the mother of two adorable sons has been rewarding but exhausting.

This book is a fun, easy, relatable read.


For the first time in a long time, I relate to the main character. She wants something to call her own, do what she wants to do, loves her dh, her kids & takes in a daughter of her friends. Hello...that's me. I've taken in peeps before. That is just what I do.


Kaira Rouda writes with such ease that I feel like I am in the book. You know it's great when you get that involved. Not to mention I am sneaking, reading it at work. Tsk tsk...that's a no no but my boss is great & she is also an avid reader.


Kelly seems a lot like me. She wants to help others, wants to help herself, please her husband, raise good kids, & decorate all at the same time. Anyone whose followed my blog for awhile knows I am trying to redecorate on a budget...ha...that's means I am not doing anything because we have no budget for decorating but I digress.


Anywho, if you'd like something that is an easy read & will keep your interest make sure to check this book out. You will not be sorry.


Leave me a comment & tell me what you are reading now.
Give me ideas for my next book!

*I received a copy of the book for review from One to One Network. All opinions are 100% mine.

0 comments: