Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snippets of Life in the Casa

It's hot.
White hot.
Africa hot.
The heat index is over 100 & the humidity...forget about it.
Ugh.
As soon as I open my door to go outside my hair poofs to 3x's it's size.
Then sticks to my neck.
Hate it.
That's life in Jersey.

On a lighter note, Cheeks asked me if he could flick my freckle the other day.
I have a mole on the base of my neck & it's risen, not just flat on my skin.
Of course I told him no & then showed him his own flat freckle on his arm that he could flick.
His response:
No, Mommy, my freckle is flat,  I wanna flick your freckle because its a mountain, no flat.
Um, thanks.

I am in the process of getting him evaluated for ADHD or Hyperactivity or both or none.
This has been going on for a long time.
Roadblock after roadblock is what I seem to hit.
This evening I made a little progress, so keep your fingers crossed that something will give and we will be able to get the help we all need.

What I haven't said is that Cheeks has been kicked out of 3 preschool in a little over a year.
Currently, he's attending a new one.
3rd week and everyday but the first two I have received phone calls in regards to his behavior.

Very frustrating.

If you have experience like the one I am currently having I'd appreciate any advice you are willing to give.

I've put my appointments to get my own health checked out (i.e. severe stomach pains, non stop intestinal issues) on the back burner. 
It sucks but I really don't have the time to take off from work nor do I have the copayment moola.

I digress.

Let's end on a happy note.

It was my birthday this past Saturday & Bobster made me breakfast in bed.
OOOOOH! LALA!
I loved it.
Wish is was my b-day every day.

Caio peeps!

3 comments:

Unknown

Good luck with Cheeks evaluation. Have you considered home care? Perhaps the centers are just too busy for him?

Unknown

I can only imagine how overwhelming it can be to have your son get kicked out of school. I hope you do get answers when he gets evaluated I hope you had a great birthday too :)

Kelly

I hope the weather cools down soon and you get some answers for your son! I am your newest follower from Relax and Surf Sunday!