Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Here is our 2nd installment of the Too Hot to Cook series for summer 09!

Today is Hawaiian Chicken in the crockpot!

Ingredients:
2/3c soy sauce
1c crushed garlic (I use one whole garlic & just chop it up)
2TBS sugar
1/4tsp ginger
chicken (up to you what you use...I tend to make this using thighs)

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
Place crushed garlic on top of chicken.

In separate bowl combine rest of ingrediends, stir to dissovle sugar & garlic.

Dump over chicken in crockpot.

Cook on high 4-5hrs or low 8-10hrs.

I add a can of pineapple chunks & it's juice about 30 minutes before I am serving.

My family loves this.

Best of all a crockpot doesn't heat up your kitchen in the hot summer time.

What is your go to recipe for those hot days?

Late!

2 comments:

Jen

This sounds really yummy! I have been looking for more crock pot recipes for the summer, we'll have to try this one.

BunnyKissd

Oh now this sounds yummeh! ^-^