Pages

Friday, September 03, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend is upon us.
Summer is over.
Boo! Hiss!
Really I am glad to see summer go, as I am an Autumn fanatic.

Anyway this is a busy weekend for picnics, partying, hanging down the shore (you know, like in Jersey Shore, holla!)

What I am asking you is take the pledge.
The pledge to either become a designated driver or designate a driver for you.
If you become one or pick one send them this badge:


Did you know that in 2008, just over the Labor Day holiday weekend, 194 people were killed in crashes involving an impaired driver?
Easily fixable, if you designate a driver.

Let me tell ya.
I don't drink
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was always the designated driver.
I was always glad to do it b/c I knew my friends & family would arrive safely home to the best of my sober abilities.
This is nothing to mess around with.
Do you really want to lose your life b/c you like the taste of alcohol?
I didn't think so.

Check out their Facebook page
here <~~~click it! They list 50 non alcoholic drinks that you can partake in. Again...HOLLA! Even getting buzzed is drunk driving. Not good. The Facebook page evens has a ride locator for those that don't have a designated driver but need one. So take the pledge with me at Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving.
There is even a little game you can play.

Whose with me???
Are you going to take the pledge?


*I received no monetary compensation for this post. I do get entered in a contest. All opinions are my own & yes I do not drink so I feel very strongly about this!*

0 comments: