Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

#1 for 2011

The #1 post on my blog for 2011 was this one:


You know, where I asked for your opinions on whether I should go with a nose ring or not.

Overwhelmingly, the vote was for "go for it".

As you can plainly see from this photo:

I so didn't get one.

Not that I don't want one, I do.

I just got a ton of flack from my family about it.
Although I think the Aunt Erin was pro nose ring but then again, she has one.

At my age, 25, 30, 38, ok fine at my age of, ahem, 41, I feel I might be a bit over the age of appropriate nose ring peeps.

I could always get it & take it out, the hole closes, right?
Then again, at 41 & overweight, will people just think "Look there goes another fat, middle aged woman trying to recapture her young adulthood?"

Well perhaps 2012 will bring that nose ring.


1 comments:

Anonymous

This is kinda funny because up until this past summer I had a nose ring. I'm forty and I am over weight. I had it for a couple years. I had always wanted one and finally did it. The same thoughts crossed my mind too of what people would think. After I got it done some approved and some didn't. I liked it though so i didnt care. there were times i did feel self conscience about it, like my kids schools. I never let it bother me enough to get rid of it though, because i liked it. I wasnt just trying to relive my twenties, i actually did like it. Eventually i got tired of it. washing my face was a pain. it also just never seemed to heal all the way. one day it got sore and i decided to take it out for a bit. i left it out over night and it closed up. at that point i was done with it. And no, you cant even tell i ever had one.

great site by the way.