Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Peep! Peep! Peep!

It's that time of year.
Time to break out the Peeps!
I love peeps.
Always have.
The Easter bunny always left them in my basket.


My favorite way to eat them is to let them get stale. So they are hard. Then I bite their head off. Sugary sweetness & decapitation...a two for one really.


I have to say I have a great memory of Peeps.
The first time I put a peep chicken in the microwave.
I was all by myself & wanted some warm marshmallow.
Grabbed that chick, plopped it on a plate, set if for 20 seconds & hit "Start"


My eyes got huge.
As did the chick.
It blew up.
Like 500x's it's size. (It was a really big microwave).
I just kept thinking, if this bad boy bursts, the Nana is going to have a fit. 
Plus I wouldn't want to clean that.
Marshmallow is not cleaner friendly.

Anywho the best was as soon as the microwave was done, the Peep deflated in size and while it was deformed slightly, it was the best warm sugary mashmallow concoction a 17 year old could want.

I must have done it five times in a row.

This year I showed my four year old this trick.
That's all it took.
He's hooked.
Loves it & asks constantly to watch.

Thankfully the Easter Bunny will be bringing some more this weekend for a little Easter Micro Fun!

I also like to add some Peeps to my hot chocolate. 
Cheeks loved this!
He said "They are swimming mommy!"

So thanks to my mom the Easter Bunny I am passing the Peeps tradition to my kids.
I was brought up on stale peeps and while they are tasty treats fresh, they are best stale.

I remember my mom, once the Easter Bunny, made his delivery, would open up the cellphane & store them in the cabinet to "age", then the best day was the day she announced they're ready.  Ah, sweetness.
Plus you can also suck on them and get the sugar in your mouth...ah, I am salivating like Pavlov's dogs about now.  Thinking the Easter Bunny is going to have make a midnight run to the store.  One fresh, let the rest "age".

Are you a fan of peeps?
How do you like to eat them?
Any fond memories of peeps?
Do you prefer a certain color? I like PINK! It's my signature color (bonus points for you knows that what movie that line is from).

Don't hold back readers.
Give it to me straight.
Yea or Nay for Peeps?

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and PEEPS blogging contest, for a chance to get a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comments:

Unknown

Not so much a fan of peeps. Maybe its the sugary outside. But marshmallow bunnies with the chocolate shell and I'm there!
Although, you did make me want to try the whole microwave thing.

("Pink, its my signature color." from the best movie ever "Steel Magnolias)